Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Alice’s Tea Party Princess Dress

Here it is my third round entry for SYTYCS hosted by Ashley from MommyByDayCrafterByNight. This contest has been so much fun and really pushed me to do things I’ve had in my head for a while. I hope you will all vote for me so that I can make it into the TOP 3; the last round of the competition. Voting for this round starts on Wednesday January 18, 2012 at 8:00 am EST and ends on Thursday at 8:00 pm EST.This is Alice’s Tea Party Princess Dress. I originally wanted to make this for her 3rd birthday, but my previous attempts ended in a mass of shredded muslin and frustration. A while back I described the dress I wanted to make for Alice to my friend Mercy and asked her to sketch it out. She is an amazingly talented artist. She whipped up a couple of sketches in no time and they were all beautiful.
I combined Mercy’s vision with my own evolving view point, which was inspired by Alice’s dress from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. If you know me at all, you know I’m a sucker for Tim Burton films and the always appealing Johnny Depp.
I’ve also been aching to try my hand at an eyelet corset because I love the look so much more than the easy peasy loop method. I spent a ton of time trying to decide what fabric I should use, but had no doubts when I saw Shabby Chic Treasures in purple. I mean, I can’t tell you how much I love this collection of fabric. I stalked all the online sites waiting for someone to restock.
Now, I wish I had some sort of tutorial to post for all of those reading, but this competition moves very quickly and there just isn’t time for that at the moment. I spent all of my spare time last week sewing, gathering, ripping seams, sewing, running to the store for trim and more needles, ripping seams, sewing, taking photos, editing photos and writing up the dreaded blog post. I fair much better with a needle and thread than I do with html, even in its simplest form.

So, hang in there and I will do my very best to come up with some tips and tricks on setting eyelets. In the mean time, I will also get to work on perfecting and writing the next princess dress pattern and tutorial.
Love it? Please vist my Facebook and Etsy shop for more or contact me at TenderfeetStitches@gmail.com

9 comments:

  1. This dress is absolutely beautiful! You are incredibly talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out incredible seriously a work of art. She looks adorable in it as well. The layers and the bodice are truly amazing. If this doesn't get you through I don't know what will.

    I would love to see a short tutorial if you have the time in the future.

    acoupleofcraftaddicts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Beautiful Amanda! Great job. Will be watching for a pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous dress! I love it and definitely voted for you :) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I voted for you! This dress clearly took a lot more time and skill than the other projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am patiently awaiting a tutorial for this lovely dress. Good luck in the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE a pattern for this in adult size! I dream of owning a dress that looks like this. This is GORGEOUS! <3 envy of your amazing skill.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice weblog here! Additionally your site so much up very fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I get your associate hyperlink for your host? I wish my site loaded up as fast as yours lol
    Moon Sand Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete